Random acts of kindness have the power to transcend all. And being on the receiving end OR the giving end will absolutely make your day. Here are 10 tiny things you can do to restore other’s faith in humanity:
1. Hold the door: The simple act of holding the door for someone will not go unnoticed. We've all had a few too many doors slammed on us to not notice the ones that don't.
2. Say "bless you": No one likes sneezing in public, so soften the blow (see what we did there?) with a kind, "bless you" even -- and especially! -- to strangers! Sure, you might expect the dude in the cubicle next to you to utter those two tiny words, but it's really not expected from the person sitting next to you on the train. Be that person.
3. Pay it forward: Pay for the car behind you in the drive through. You'll be out a few bucks and they'll be on Cloud 9. Totally worth it. And who knows? You might just start a trend.
4. Save them a trip: Getting up to go to the printer to retrieve your goods? Deliver printout and copies idly sitting there to your co-workers. They'll smile. You'll smile. It's all good.
5. Let them go: The simple act of letting someone have your place in line might cost you 2 minutes, but it'll mean the world to the person who's not feeling well and just wants to get home. That's a chance always worth taking.
6. Perform shopping cart valet: Help someone that needs it by offering to return their shopping cart for them. Or see one abandoned in the parking lot? Be a hero; return it. Good parking lot karma will be yours.
7. Fill it up: Fill up someone's gas tank when they least expect it. Bonus karma points if it's below a quarter tank.
8. Leave a note: The next time you're in a public restroom, leave an encouraging note on the mirror. "Smile, you're beautiful." is a sure-fire winner. Or be creative.
9. Be a positivity-ninja: Stick googly-eyes in unexpected places. It's 100% acceptable to linger and wait for the smiles.
10. Wave to a little kid: There are few things better than being stuck in traffic with a school bus for this one. Step 1: Make eye contact. Step 2: Smile and wave. This is a two-way street of awesomeness.
Interested in volunteering in Israel? Contact us at email@example.com
or call *9093 (international: +972-3-5436888) to find the perfect volunteering opportunity for you.