A new year is a great opportunity to start fresh and remind ourselves of things we sometimes forget, or commit to new ways to do good. Here are our New Year's resolutions to make ourselves and our surroundings better:
- Be kinder: Kindness is in the small details. It can be found in a simple smile to a stranger, holding the door for the person behind you, volunteering for an hour or two, and the list goes on. We’re going to pay attention to the little ways we can be kinder. The best thing about kindness is that everyone can interpret it in their own way!
- Be better to ourselves: Sometimes you have to put everything else to the side and do something good for yourself. Write, go to the beach, get yourself a cake, whatever makes you smile!
- Be less judgemental: Remember that each person has a different story than ours. Our goal is to accept the other, and reach out to those who have it harder than us. Give everyone an equal chance and help those around you when you can.
- Be greener: Sometimes it’s easy to forget about the environment, but it’s one of the most important things to remember. We’re going to remind ourselves to recycle more, use more eco-friendly products, use public transportation, save on water and electricity, and be more aware of our impact on the environment in which we live.
- Be a giver: Everyone has something to give. Giving can mean anything from a cup of coffee to your coworker, to donating to the less fortunate, or listening to someone who needs an ear. We’ll be on the lookout for ways to give to the people around us.
We wish you a very happy new year full of goodness! Make 2016 your best year yet by remembering your own little resolutions throughout the year and fulfilling them.
Interested in volunteering in Israel in the new year? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call *9093 (international: +972-3-5436888) to find the perfect volunteering opportunity for you.